metamodel-dev mailing list archives

From Alberto Rodriguez <ardl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ElasticSearch connection via REST protocol
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:53:42 GMT
Well, I think they have implemented a kind of interface, obviously is not
as powerful as the one implemented for the "official" java client, have a
look at this: https://github.com/searchbox-io/Jest/tree/master/jest
Unfortunately
things like the ones we are doing with the ES client to infer the schema
and get the metadata are not possible with Jest.

I guess depending of the "type" of the client (Jest/"Standard") that our
ElasticSearchDataContext constructor will receive we should perform the
abstraction you are talking about to infere the schema and getting the
metadata for both "types". What do you think?

Not sure how to use the HTTP client to get all the indexes & metadata
though (is there any HTTP method that returns this kind of information, if
so... should we then parse the JSON response to get indexes, metadata...??)