metamodel-dev mailing list archives

From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Graduation of Apache MetaModel from the Incubator
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 09:34:22 GMT
Thanks, Kasper.

Yes, I'll take care of this and will forward a revised draft in 5-6 hours from now.

In the meantime, do forward any additional feedback/quotes/*

Chat soon,
Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Kasper Sørensen" <i.am.kasper.sorensen@gmail.com>
To: <dev@metamodel.apache.org>
Cc: "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>
Subject: [RESULT] [VOTE] Graduation of Apache MetaModel from the Incubator
Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2014 04:23

Thank you everybody for the quotes and texts!Sally, I think the press release looks very good.
If you can squeeze in Ankit's quote somehow it would be cool. If not, no biggie.

HI Sally,

A short quote on the use of Apache Metamodel within our MDM offering at

Human Inference.

"Apache Metamodel is the core technology used underneath our MDM offering

at Human Inference, providing us an abstraction layer above the different

database schemes we support currently(Postgres/DB2/Oracle/SQL

Server/ElasticSearch etc). The Metamodel query language helps us write code

agnostic of the underlying database. Within our MDM offering we have even

implemented some virtual data stores using Metamodel. These expose our data

model in a custom view for our consultants - stripping away the technical

complexities and exposing the business value in a data model that is

natural for the business people to consume."

Regards

Ankit

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 3:27 AM, Sally Khudairi <

sallykhudairi@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> [...]

> block for us to improve the usability and power for the thousands of users

> of DataCleaner – the leading Open Source data quality solution, supported

> by Neopost," said Enno Ebels, Executive Vice President of Customer

> Information Management at Neopost.

> "It's been a joy to follow the growth in the community and in

> functionality," added Sørensen. "Over the last year we've introduced

> connectivity for Apache HBase, JSON files, ElasticSearch, Apache Cassandra

> and a whole lot more. It's always a great pleasure to see the excitement in

> people's eyes when they realize that you can develop for these data sources

> using the same API."

> "Apache Metamodel is a key technology in Stratio Datavis, allowing us to

> manage metadata and create SQL-based connectors for a bunch of data

> stores," said David Morales, Big Data Architect at Stratio. "Thanks to

> Apache Metamodel, Datavis users can create beautiful dashboards using their

> SQL skills, instead of knowing several query languages. That's why we are

> proud to be contributors of Metamodel and we will continue to collaborate

> with this great project."

> Availability and Oversight

> As with all Apache products, Apache MetaModel software is released under

> the Apache License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of active

> contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee (PMC) guides

> the Project's day-to-day operations, including community development and

> product releases. For documentation and ways to become involved with Apache

> MetaModel, visit http://metamodel.apache.org and

> https://twitter.com/ApacheMetaModel

> About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)

> Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees more than two

> hundred leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP Server --the

> world's most popular Web server software. Through the ASF's meritocratic

> process known as "The Apache Way," more than 500 individual Members and

> 4,500 Committers successfully collaborate to develop freely available

> enterprise-grade software, benefiting millions of users worldwide:

> thousands of software solutions are distributed under the Apache License;

> and the community actively participates in ASF mailing lists, mentoring

> initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's official user conference,

> trainings, and expo. The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) charitable organization,

> funded by individual donations and corporate sponsors including Budget

> Direct, Citrix, Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook, Google, Hortonworks, HP,

> Huawei, IBM, InMotion Hosting, Matt Mullenweg, Microsoft, Pivotal,

> Produban, WANdisco, and Yahoo. For more information, visit

> http://www.apache.org/ or follow @TheASF on Twitter.

> © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache," "Apache MetaModel,"

> "MetaModel," ApacheCon," and the Apache MetaModel logo are trademarks of

> The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the

we

> are using and applying Apache MetaModel on our current project. Let me know

> if you think that this would be useful.

of

> the project) to several perspectives from the PMC to multiple endorsements

> from the community. [1], [2], and [3] are examples that you might find

> useful.

> issue their own standalone "hurrah, Apache MetaModel!" press release at

> that time as well (we love it when multiple announcements come out to

> support a podling's graduation!). We just need to make sure that we

> coordinate messaging/timing/etc.

> community, you'll need to add "soliciting quotes" to your "to do" list.

> releases on Tuesdays, as that garners the best global media

> exposure/coverage, followed by Mondays, then Wednesdays. So in this

> instance, let's shoot for Tuesday 9 December, if possible.

> anything!

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces41

> and

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces40

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces39

> and

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces35

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces34

> and

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces33

Noah

> Slater <nslater@apache.org>; TheApacheFoundation <press@apache.org>

the

> Incubator

> http://s.apache.org/EUQ

the

> following:

> the benefits) --an example of this is paragraph #2 in the above-referenced

> announcement "Apache Drill is the world's first schema-free SQL query

> engine that delivers real-time insights by removing the constraint of

> building and maintaining schemas before data can be analyzed. Drill users

> can run interactive ANSI SQL queries on complex or constantly evolving data

> including JSON, Parquet, and HBase without ever worrying about schema

> definitions. As a result, Drill not only enables rapid application

> development on Apache Hadoop™ but also allows enterprise BI analysts to

> access Hadoop in a self-service fashion."

stuck)

> (examples of how we'd list them are at

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/date/20141021 and

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces58

> )

> metamodel.apache.org is live, that's one thing off our plate <g>

the

> Incubator

you

<

> press@apache.org>

the

> Incubator

If

> anyone else wants to play a role too, I am very happy to let them take this

> task, as I am also kinda busy with work these days! :-)

press

> release announcing their graduation.

to get

<

> [...]