metamodel-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Community building progress
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:18:42 GMT
Thanks Henry.

Nope we don't need bylaws or a CoC, but I believe they could help
attract contributors. We learnt on CouchDB that if you don't have
bylaws, nobody really knows how the project works, or what the rolls
are, and I think that holds back contribution.

We could copy the CouchDB bylaws, change a few references to
MetaModel, and then vote them in. Assuming that the way we do things
on CouchDB is compatible with how this community wants to operate.

Similarly, I think establishing even a minimal CoC which will be
enforced by the PMC opens up this project to contributions from people
who might not contribute otherwise.

Certainly not graduation blockers. But I consider these to be very
important for all ASF projects.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater