metamodel-dev mailing list archives

From Kasper Sørensen <i.am.kasper.soren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jul 2014 ([ppmc])
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:08:18 GMT
OK that makes sense I guess. I would then suggest we go for 4.2.0 next
time, since it's again adding a lot of stuff (and especially the part about
making ColumnType an interface instead of an enum is a big change from
compatibility POV). I'll update the CHANGES.txt file because that is
currently a mess on master branch then :-P

> Unfortunately that was not the way release in interpreted in ASF, the
> RC is a release candidate number for 4.1.0.
> So technically we have released 4.1.0 which delivered with RC1.
>
> I missed the subject of the email you sent out for the last MetaModel
> release VOTE, which included the RC postfix.
> Mea culpa from me, I assume you know that RC tags are just used to
> discriminate different attempts to get particular release.
>
> We could do next 4.1.1 or 4.2.0.
>
> - Henry
>
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 12:36 AM, Kasper Sørensen
> <i.am.kasper.sorensen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well in my opinion we only released "RC1", so one milestone on the way
> > towards 4.1 ... But maybe that part needs more sharing of ideas etc. I
> > would also be fine calling the next release 4.2 and then just skip the
> > RC-suffix.

> >> HI Kasper,
> >>
> >> Thanks for taking stab at the report.
> >>
> >> I believe 4.1.0 is out so I recommend change the status to "Apache
> >> MetaModel 4.1.0-incubating was released on Jan 21. This time ..."
> >>
> >> For the "Three most important issues to address in the move towards
> >> graduation" section, why no 2 is about finalize 4.1 release?
> >> The 4.1.0 release is out already so we just need to mention about
> >> having more releases to demonstrate understanding of ASF policies?
> >>
> >> - Henry

> evolution
> HBase,

> It