metamodel-dev mailing list archives

From Kasper Sørensen <i.am.kasper.soren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jul 2014 ([ppmc])
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:19:44 GMT
Here's the updated version then:

----

MetaModel

MetaModel is a data access framework, providing a common interface for
exploration and querying of different types of datastores.

MetaModel has been incubating since 2013-06-12.

  1. More contributors to increase diversity of the community
  2. Finalize 4.2.0 release to demonstrate new functionality and
understanding of ASF policies
  3. Connect with other projects from Apache's ecosystem such as HBase,
Phoenix, Cassandra, Optiq

aware of?

  None

  A few new people have started to work actively on the mailing list. It is
still a small
  community, and growth is needed. On the positive side we do see certain
new individuals
  starting to contribute continuously to the project.

  We have been working on blogging, tweeting etc. to create more out-going
communication
  about MetaModel. We feel that more of such activity is needed.

  Apache MetaModel 4.1.0-incubating was released on Jan 21. This time with
a new
  release engineer, which meant that the release instructions were
re-iterated and updated.

  Communication on mailing list is improving and we see more diversity of
requests.
  For instance, connectivity to Hadoop and HBase was previously not very
active
  but now it's is taking a good share of the focus.

Date of last release:

  May 12th

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  June 2013 (but a new committer is being invited just now)

> OK that makes sense I guess. I would then suggest we go for 4.2.0 next
> time, since it's again adding a lot of stuff (and especially the part about
> making ColumnType an interface instead of an enum is a big change from
> compatibility POV). I'll update the CHANGES.txt file because that is
> currently a mess on master branch then :-P

> Unfortunately that was not the way release in interpreted in ASF, the
>> RC is a release candidate number for 4.1.0.
>> So technically we have released 4.1.0 which delivered with RC1.
>>
>> I missed the subject of the email you sent out for the last MetaModel
>> release VOTE, which included the RC postfix.
>> Mea culpa from me, I assume you know that RC tags are just used to
>> discriminate different attempts to get particular release.
>>
>> We could do next 4.1.1 or 4.2.0.
>>
>> - Henry
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 12:36 AM, Kasper Sørensen
>> <i.am.kasper.sorensen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Well in my opinion we only released "RC1", so one milestone on the way
>> > towards 4.1 ... But maybe that part needs more sharing of ideas etc. I
>> > would also be fine calling the next release 4.2 and then just skip the
>> > RC-suffix.

>> for

>> graduation:

>> evolution