metamodel-dev mailing list archives

From Kasper Sørensen <i.am.kasper.soren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache MetaModel - EnsureIndex
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:31:25 GMT
Hi Sunitha,

Thank you for the question, and I am happy that you're succesfully using MM
to query mongo.

But I'm affraid you're looking for something that goes beyond the scope of
MetaModel then. Probably the plain Java driver for MongoDB allows you to
call ensureIndex(...) somehow? The purpose of MetaModel isn't to expose *all
*the functionality of every datastore, but rather provide a uniform
interface for the stuff that they have in common. Adding something
specifically for a function like ensureIndex(...) would be an abstraction
leak for us. Rather we try to make your code portable to multiple datastore
types, and obviously ensureIndex(...) cannot be ported to e.g. a CSV file
or a relational database.

Regards,
Kasper