mesos-user mailing list archives

From Javi Roman <jroman.espi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deprecating the Python bindings
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 14:12:44 GMT
Andrew,

Is it one of the reasons for deprecating this binding the lack of
interest of Mesos community? If the answer is yes, let me try to boost
the maintenance of this biding.

--
Javi Roman

Twitter: @javiromanrh
GitHub: github.com/javiroman
Linkedin: es.linkedin.com/in/javiroman
Big Data Blog: dataintensive.info
Apache Id: javiroman
On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 1:18 PM Heer, Christoph <christoph.heer@sap.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> within SAP, we still use the Python bindings for our own productive Mesos framework.
There a multiple different pure Python implementations available but especially this wide
choice, different capabilities, unclear update frequencies, available documentation and mixed
quality makes the switch hard and brings a lot of uncertainties. With the Python binding we
had always a reliable pice software that was part of Mesos and therefore covered somehow with
testing and included in release decisions.

> I understand the motivation behind the deprecation and removal. But I'm afraid of the
drop of the 'official' Python bind as it will probably deter people to build Mesos frameworks
with Python. Maybe it would make sense to promote one implementation as recommended and include
it into testing and release decisions but I see also the point to give flexibility and choices.

> Best regards,
> Christoph
>

> Christoph Heer, SAP SE, Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16, 69190 Walldorf, Germany
> Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Walldorf, Germany
>
> Vorstand/SAP Executive Board: Bill McDermott (CEO), Robert Enslin, Adaire Fox-Martin,
Christian Klein,