mesos-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Schwartzmeyer <and...@schwartzmeyer.com>
Subject Deprecating the Python bindings
Date Wed, 09 May 2018 18:51:26 GMT
Hi all,

There are two parallel efforts underway that would both benefit from
officially deprecating (and then removing) the Python bindings. The
first effort is the move to the CMake system: adding support to generate
the Python bindings was investigated but paused (see MESOS-8118), and
the second effort is the move to Python 3: producing Python 3 compatible
bindings is under investigation but not in progress (see MESOS-7163).

Benjamin Bannier, Joseph Wu, and I have all at some point just wondered
how the community would fare if the Python bindings were officially
deprecated and removed. So please, if this would negatively impact you
or your project, let me know in this thread.

Thanks,

Andrew Schwartzmeyer