mesos-user mailing list archives

From Thodoris Zois <z...@ics.forth.gr>
Subject Re: Resource offers - DRF - Mesos
Date Tue, 22 May 2018 20:39:13 GMT
Thank you very much,

This is exactly the answer I was searching for!

- Thodoris

> On 22 May 2018, at 21:10, Joseph Wu <joseph@mesosphere.io> wrote:
>
> 1) DRF is based on the _current_ allocation of resources (from the master's perspective)
rather than a historical allocation of resources.

> 2) So when a new cluster is started, all frameworks will have a current allocation of
0.  And assuming all else (like quotas, roles, and weights) are equivalent (or not set to
anything), then your 2 frameworks would receive roughly equal shares of offers.

> 3) As of right now, there is no way for the framework to directly influence the number
of offers received in a single call.  The best approach to getting offers on multiple machines
is to hold onto the offers (i.e. not accepting nor declining them) until your necessary conditions
have been met.