mesos-user mailing list archives

From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support deadline for tasks
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 17:07:07 GMT

> On Mar 23, 2018, at 9:57 AM, Renan DelValle <renanidelvalle@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Zhitao,
>
> Since this is something that could potentially be handled by the executor and/or framework,
I was wondering if you could speak to the advantages of making this a TaskInfo primitive vs
having the executor (or even the framework) handle it.

There's some discussion around this on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-8725.

My take is that delegating too much to the scheduler makes schedulers harder to write and
exacerbates the complexity of the system. If 4 different schedulers implement this feature,
operators are likely to need to understand 4 different ways of doing the same thing, which
would be unfortunate.