mesos-user mailing list archives

From Jie Yu <yujie....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Pods and the Mesos Containerizer
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 22:43:13 GMT
I can help answer some of them:

Is it possible to do healthchecks per task in a pod?

I believe so given healthcheck is at the TaskInfo level, but AlexR can
confirm.

 Is it possible to allocate a separate IP address per container in a pod?

 Not right now, but possible. We need to change the CNI network isolator to
support that, but there might be caveats on the road.

Is there any plan to support the Docker containeriser with pods?

Probably not. If I want to do that, I'd prefer we refactor Docker
containerizer to use containerd first, and then support pod there.

 Timeframe for debugging tools (equivalent of docker exec, etc)?

We'll have a containerization WG meeting tomorrow morning. I'll make sure
this is on the list. Not timeframe yet, but this shouldn't take too long.

Is there any performance data about using the Mesos containeriser with
> container images versus using the Docker containeriser?
> how does the Mesos containerizer handle extremely large images?
> how does the Mesos containerizer handle dozens/hundreds of concurrent
> pulls?

I believe Uber folks might have some data on this (cc Zhitao)?

- Jie