mesos-user mailing list archives

From James Peach <jor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Partition Awareness
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 15:33:58 GMT

> On Jun 21, 2017, at 10:16 AM, Megha Sharma <msharma3@apple.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you all for the feedback.
> To summarize, not killing tasks for non-Partition Aware frameworks will make the schedulers
see a higher volume of non terminal updates for tasks for which they have already received
a TASK_LOST but nothing new that they are not seeing today. So, this shouldn’t be a breaking
change for frameworks and this will make the partition awareness logic simpler. I will update
MESOS-7215 with the details once the design is ready.

What happens for short-lived frameworks? That is, the lost task comes back, causing the master
to track its framework as disconnected, but the framework is gone and will never return.