mesos-user mailing list archives

From Traiano Welcome <trai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to deploy Hadoop on Mesos
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 07:50:32 GMT
Hi Stephen

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Stephen Gran <stephen.gran@piksel.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is having discussions about whether to stop, as it's having trouble
> getting enough contributors.
>
> I guess I'd ask what you need to run on hadoop, why you're looking at
> mesos, and then see what else is in that space.

I don't know what we'd need to run on hadoop at this point - it's open
ended, and for our developers to decide. However, should this make a
difference?

We have mesos in place as a resource scheduler for a number of frameworks
and would like to resource manage it using the same semantics, tools and
mechanisms mesos provides.

I've looked at two books so far that show how this is done, so it seems
this way of managing hadoop is in use in places (ref: "Apache Mesos
Essentials", "Mastering Mesos"), however these books are probably out of
date because the procedure they describe for integrating mesos and hadoop
is broken.