mesos-user mailing list archives

From Judith Malnick <jmaln...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: Work group on Community
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 00:07:12 GMT
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the interest! I know many of you are in Asia for MesosCon, so
I'm just going to propose a few times (Pacific time) and see if anything
works.

   - Monday, June 26th at 5 pm
   - Wednesday, June 28th at 10 am
   - Thursday, July 6th at 8 am
   - Wednesday, July 19th at 10 am

Tell me what you think about these, and if none of them work we can try
some others.

All the best!
Judith

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 2:47 AM, Jörg Schad <joerg@mesosphere.io> wrote:

> Very excited and happy to join!
>
> On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 1:38 AM, James Peach <jorgar@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> > On Jun 15, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Vinod Kone <vinodkone@apache.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi folks,
>> >
>> > Seeing that our first official containerizer WG is off to a good start,
>> we
>> > want to use that momentum to start new WGs.
>> >
>> > I'm proposing that we start a new work group on community. The mission
>> of
>> > this work group would be to figure out ways to grow the size of our
>> > community and improve the experience of community members (users, devs,
>> > contributors, committers etc).
>> >
>> > In the first meeting, we can nail down what the charter of this work
>> group
>> > should be etc. My initial ideas for the topics/components this work
>> group
>> > could cover
>> >
>> > --> Releases
>> > --> Roadmap
>> > --> Reviews
>> > --> JIRA
>> > --> CI
>> >
>> > Over time, I'm hoping that new specific work groups will sprung up that
>> can
>> > own some of these topics.
>> >
>> > If you are interested in joining this work group, please reply to this
>> > thread and I'll add you to the invite.
>>
>> I'm interested, but unlikely to have much bandwidth to contribute
>> anything substantial. One suggestion I have is that a Mesos Weekly news
>> would be pretty great. There is a lot of activity on reviewboard, slack and
>> in design documents and collecting that in a regular newsletter would give
>> that activity a lot more visibility.

Judith Malnick
DC/OS Community Manager
310-709-1517 <(310)%20709-1517>