mesos-user mailing list archives

From Thomas HUMMEL <thomas.hum...@pasteur.fr>
Subject Re: Mesos (and Marathon) port mapping
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2017 09:13:42 GMT

On 03/29/2017 07:25 PM, Jie Yu wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> I think you are confused about the port mapping for NAT purpose, and
> the port mapping isolator
> <http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/port-mapping-isolator/>.
> Those two very different thing. The port mapping isolator (unfortunate
> naming), as described in the doc, gives you network namespace per
> container without requiring ip per container. No NAT is involved. I
> think for you case, you should not use it and it does not work for
> DockerContainerizer.
Thanks,

I'm not sure to understand what you say :

- are you talking about the NAT feature of docker in BRIDGE mode ?

- regarding the "port mapping isolator giving network namespace" : what
confuses me is that, given the previous answers, I thought that in that
case, the non-ephemeral port range was *shared* (as a ressource) between
containers, which sounds to me at the opposite of the namespace concept
(as a slightly different example 2 docker container have their own
private 80 port for instance).

What am I missing ?

Thanks

--