mesos-user mailing list archives

From Cody Maloney <c...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: best practices for log rotation
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 19:40:41 GMT
For DC/OS we do two pieces. We simplify Mesos' log output via a module so
that it doesn't have any of it's internal logrotate logic, and just writes
to a single straight output file. We also include a mesos module so that
mesos task output goes to systemd journald, making it so every piece of
logging inside DC/OS ends up at a single source which can then be piped
wherever people like. The modules:
https://github.com/dcos/dcos-mesos-modules

Systemd auto-rotates the journald logs and does cap sized logging with it.
For the non-systemd logs we package logrotate (
https://github.com/dcos/dcos/tree/master/packages/logrotate) + a simple
helper script to catch accidentally orphaned files.