mesos-user mailing list archives

From Greg Mann <g...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: [MESOS-6240] Allow executor/agent communication over non-TCP/IP stream socket.
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 21:07:21 GMT
Hi Bingqiang,
I've had some recent discussions with folks about this feature; it's
something we are interested in doing but I'm not sure what its priority is
in relation to other tickets.

While the AF_UNIX address type has been added to libprocess, libprocess
does not currently accept domain socket connections. Domain sockets are
used by the I/O switchboard in the Mesos agent to communicate with running
containers, but this is mostly application-level code. Libprocess currently
exposes a single server-side TCP socket [1] for incoming connections. To
support executor communication via domain sockets, we would need to add a
new server-side domain socket to libprocess.

Are there any particular goals or use cases you have in mind for this
feature?

Cheers,
Greg

[1]