mesos-user mailing list archives

From Vijay Srinivasaraghavan <vijikar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Quota
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2016 22:12:39 GMT
Hi Alex,
>>Granularity in the allocator is a single agent.
Does this mean if I have only one agent and the moment if I set any quota, the framework running
on the agent will not be allocated with any resource?
>From the logs, I don't get to see much details for the scenario when the quota is set
following deploying a package through Marathon. However, when I remove the quota, I see the
following message in master log "Allocating ports(*):[*****]; disk(*):....." "Sending 1
offers to framework XX (marathon) at scheduler-XXX"
RegardsVijay

    On Sunday, December 11, 2016 9:05 AM, Alex Rukletsov <alex@mesosphere.io> wrote:

 Granularity in the allocator is a single agent. Hence even though you set quota for 0.0001
CPU, at least one agent is "blocked". This is probably the reason why marathon is not getting
offers. You can turn verbose master logs and check allocator messages to confirm. Alex.
On 10 Dec 2016 2:14 am, "Vijay" <vijikarthi@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

The dispatcher needs 1cpu and 1G memory.

Regards,
Vijay

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 9, 2016, at 4:51 PM, Vinod Kone <vinodkone@apache.org> wrote:
>
> And how many resources does spark need?
>
>> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Vijay Srinivasaraghavan <vijikarthi@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>> Here is the slave state info. I see marathon is registered as "slave_public" role
and is configured with "default_accepted_resource_ roles" as "*"

>> "slaves":[
>>       {
>>          "id":"69356344-e2c4-453d-baaf- 22df4a4cc430-S0",
>>          "pid":"slave(1)@xxx.xxx.xxx. 100:5051",
>>          "hostname":"xxx.xxx.xxx.100",
>>          "registered_time":1481267726. 19244,
>>          "resources":{
>>             "disk":12099.0,
>>             "mem":14863.0,
>>             "gpus":0.0,
>>             "cpus":4.0,
>>             "ports":"[1025-2180, 2182-3887, 3889-5049, 5052-8079, 8082-8180,
8182-32000]"
>>          },
>>          "used_resources":{
>>             "disk":0.0,
>>             "mem":0.0,
>>             "gpus":0.0,
>>             "cpus":0.0
>>          },
>>          "offered_resources":{
>>             "disk":0.0,
>>             "mem":0.0,
>>             "gpus":0.0,
>>             "cpus":0.0
>>          },
>>          "reserved_resources":{
>>
>>          },
>>          "unreserved_resources":{
>>             "disk":12099.0,
>>             "mem":14863.0,
>>             "gpus":0.0,
>>             "cpus":4.0,
>>             "ports":"[1025-2180, 2182-3887, 3889-5049, 5052-8079, 8082-8180,
8182-32000]"
>>          },
>>          "attributes":{
>>
>>          },
>>          "active":true,
>>          "version":"1.0.1"
>>       }
>>    ],
>>
>> Regards
>> Vijay
>> On Friday, December 9, 2016 3:48 PM, Vinod Kone <vinodkone@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> How many resources does the agent register with the master? How many resources does
spark task need?

>> I'm guessing marathon is not registered with "test" role so it is only getting un-reserved
resources which are not enough for spark task?

>> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Vijay Srinivasaraghavan <vijikarthi@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>> I have a standalone DCOS setup (Single node Vagrant VM running DCOS v.1.9-dev build
+ Mesos 1.0.1 + Marathon 1.3.0). Both master and agent are running on same VM.

>> Resource: 4 CPU, 16GB Memory, 20G Disk
>>
>> I have created a quota using new V1 API which creates a role "test" with resource
constraints of 0.5 CPU and 1G Memory.

>> When I try to deploy Spark package, Marathon receives the request but the task is
in "waiting" state since it did not receive any offers from Master though I don't see any
resource constraints from the hardware perspective.

>> However, when I deleted the quota, Marathon is able to move forward with the deployment
and Spark was deployed/up and running. I could see from the Mesos master logs that it had
sent an offer to the Marathon framework.

>> To debug the issue, I was trying to create a quota but this time did not provide
any CPU and Memory (0 cpu and 0 mem). After this, when I try to deploy Spark from DCOS UI,
I could see Marathon getting offer from Master and able to deploy Spark without the need to
delete the quota this time.