mesos-user mailing list archives

From Chengwei Yang <chengwei.yang...@gmail.com>
Subject mesos leader switch may lead orphan tasks
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:20:29 GMT
Hi there,

We're upgrading mesos from 0.28.2 to 1.0.2 and we found an interesting problem.

We followed the official upgrade guide so first upgrade 2 following
mesos-master, and then the leading master.

Once the leading master upgraded, the leader switched to another 1.0.2
mesos-master.

Now, stop here.

we found that the leading master does below from its log.

```
Adding task ...
Adding task ...
SUBSRIBE framework
SUBSRIBE framework
```

So the problem is when it adding existed tasks, it can not found corresponding
framework, so the task becomes **Orphan**.

Is this a known preempt issue or am I missing anything?

--
Thanks,
Chengwei