mesos-user mailing list archives

From Alex Rukletsov <a...@mesosphere.com>
Subject Re: what's the difference between mesos and yarn?
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 11:53:02 GMT
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Yu Wei <yu2003w@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that yarn could also provide functionality to allocate resource
> for applications.
>
> Yarn could be modified to support various resource allocation
> requirements. For mesos, frameworks also need to be written to satisfy
> customer requirements.
>

> Which is better?

An answer you may get on the Mesos user list will be probably biased : ).
How about you try both for *your* problem, and then write a blog post,
explaining your goal, your problem, test setup, and, of course, your
experience and thoughts.

Cluster management is a relatively new area, projects evolve rapidly. We
need more investigations like the one I suggest you do in order to help
people ask similar questions *in the future*.