mesos-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hammons <mark.hamm...@inaf.cnrs-gif.fr>
Subject Re: Running a mesos executor within a container....
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 12:21:25 GMT
I'll double check, but last time I du -sh the var folder in the container it was too small
to contain the binaries I downloaded.

Mark Edgar Hammons II - Research Engineer at BioEmergences
0603695656

> On 01 Aug 2016, at 03:57, haosdent <haosdent@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >First, the binaries I get mesos to download into my sandbox don't appear to be within
the docker image
> The sandbox folder should mount into the docker container with the same path, does this
not work for you?

> >running the executor causes it to complain about libmesos being missing.
> Yes, you need package the native library(libmesos) which required by executor into your
jar or package it into your docker container.
> Or you could consider implementing your executor base on the new HTTP API (https://github.com/mesosphere/mesos-rxjava)
>
>> On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Mark Hammons <mark.hammons@inaf.cnrs-gif.fr>
wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> So far I've been developing a mesos framework using a custom executor and scheduler.
Custom executors seem to provide a lot of flexibility in responding to and communicating with
the parent mesos-slave, so I'd like to keep that around. However, my users would like to have
customizable environments for their algorithms to run in (like maybe one user would design
their application in an ubuntu environment and doesn't want to take the time to adapt to the
CentOS 7 environment the mesos slave is running). So, I'd like to set the sandbox of the executor
to be within the context of a docker image. I thought doing something like this would work:
http://pastie.org/10924936

>> but it doesn't for three big reasons. First, the binaries I get mesos to download
into my sandbox don't appear to be within the docker image, and second the command defined
by execCommand is executed at the root of the docker image instead of within the mesos sandbox.
Even when I get around these issues by adding directives in execCommand to download the missing
binaries into the docker image, running the executor causes it to complain about libmesos
being missing. Is there any way to do what I'm trying to do? Could someone give me an example
project that works this way?