mesos-user mailing list archives

From Kota UENISHI <ueni...@nautilus-technologies.com>
Subject Re: Fetcher cache: caching even more while an executor is alive
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 10:23:34 GMT
Thanks, it looks promising to me - I was aware of persistent volumes
because I thought the use case was different, like for databases. I'll
try it on.

As the document says

> persistent volumes are associated with roles,

this makes failure handling a little bit difficult - As my framework
is not handling failure well enough, those volume IDs must be
remembered during framework restart or failover, or must get recovered
after.  Restarted framework must reuse or collect already reserved
volumes or those volumes just gets leaking.

Kota UENISHI

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Aaron Carey <acarey@ilm.com> wrote:
> As you're writing the framework, have you looked at reserving persistent volumes? I think
it might help in your use case: