mesos-user mailing list archives

From Haris Choudhary <hchoudh...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Mesos CLI
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 17:37:02 GMT
Hi all,

At the last community synced we demoed the CLI and settled on Python as the
language of choice. The reason for this over C++ was mainly because people
who want to contribute towards extending the CLI by adding a simple command
or another plugin should not be forced to learn libprocess/stout.

A question for the community currently is that while integrating the cli
into the codebase, would it be preferable to create a new folder for the
tool? Or should we overwrite the existing CLI folder?
If we overwrite the existing folder, we will provide all existing commands
in a backwards compatible way.

For a full list of commands and semantics, please refer to the design doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r6Iv4Efu8v8IBrcUTjgYkvZ32WVscgYqrD07OyIglsA/edit?usp=sharing>

Also, any feedback regarding the design and commands would be appreciated.

Thanks