mesos-user mailing list archives

From Hendrik Haddorp <hendrik.hadd...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Mesos persistent volumes as Docker volumes
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 20:25:04 GMT
Basically the same issue was actually reported recently in MESOS-3413
[1]. The discussion in there resulted in a code change in the Mesos
framework for ArangoDB [2]. One first has to create a volume with some
container path and then add a volume to the ContainerInfo when launching
the docker container that uses the same path as host path for the
volume. Now the container path needs to be absolute, like /data. Files
that are now being created below /data show up in the persistent volume
and newly launched containers with the same mapping can reuse the data.
Not that obvious in my opinion but it works :-)

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3413
[2]
https://github.com/arangodb/arangodb-mesos-framework/commit/98ccbdbaa5ae41f83b02ca42e7325746ad044099

p.s.: looks like jira is currently down ...