mesos-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kone <vinodk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.28.2
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 17:12:07 GMT
Looked at the review and the JIRA issue. Not sure why you think it is a
bug? `mesos-execute` only supported the default (*) role before. Now after
the above fix, that role is made configurable. Unless I'm missing
something, I see that as strictly an improvement.

I'm not worried about the cost of backporting this particular fix per se,
I'm more concerned about the precedent and expectations we set around what
can be backported. This is important to keep the overhead on committers
low. Please take a look at our release policy
<http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/versioning/> for further
details.