mesos-user mailing list archives

From Steven Schlansker <sschlans...@opentable.com>
Subject Re: mesos docker vs native container
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:48:10 GMT

> On Apr 25, 2016, at 12:37 AM, vincent gromakowski <vincent.gromakowski@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am very interesting in getting some feedback of people who has moved from native container
through Docker specially from network performance perspective.
> DCOS has been open sourced and I like all automation it brings with frameworks but it
seems everything is running in docker ?
> I am looking for the smack stack for which network perf is important.

If you use the Docker default bridge network stack, I have heard of performance impact
up to 30% (depending on workload / kernel version / etc)

We use "host" networking which moderately reduces security but
all but eliminates the performance impact on the network.

You should make sure to do tests that this is true in your environment
but I believe it is possible to get near native performance if you
are willing to test things thoroughly and report issues as they arise.