mesos-user mailing list archives

From Jason Giedymin <jason.giedy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mesos on RHEL 5.X
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 18:57:08 GMT
Additional problems exist with containers as well.

You could also hand roll a kernel upgrade which I've done for some others and this seems to
work. However I always make it clear that what you get is "as-is". Kind of like a used car.

-Jason

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 2:23 PM, Jeff Schroeder <jeffschroeder@computer.org> wrote:
>
> Much of the functionality in mesos won't work such as anything using the newer isolation
modes using control groups. An example would be:
> http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/network-monitoring/
>
> I guess it is fraught with dragons. Good luck!
>
>> On Tuesday, April 19, 2016, Manivannan <citizenmani@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply. We were running mesos 0.18.0 on the boxes with RHEL 5.4 for
a long time.
>> We cannot upgrade right away to a newer version of operating system due to several
reasons.

>> Hi Jie,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> Do  you know  if I can install devtools-2 for RHEL 5.4 using yum ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mani
>>
>>> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Jie Yu <yujie.jay@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I know someone is still using Mesos in production on RHEL 5.4. You need devtoolset-2
to build Mesos.

lacks the overwhelming majority of support for namespaces and control groups. Try upgrading
to RHEL7 and then giving Mesos a go. It doesn't support older kernels.

are available only for RHEL 6 and 7.

Mesos 0.28.0 on RHEL 5.X successfully ?