mesos-user mailing list archives

From Justin Ryan <jur...@ziprealty.com>
Subject mesos/kafka issues (org.apache.mesos.Scheduler)
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 20:29:31 GMT
Hi, folks!

In pursuit of a mesos-based solution for distributed logging and processing, I’ve been experimenting
with the mesos/kafka project (github.com/mesos/kafka).  I had great success for some weeks
during initial testing, and am now having trouble getting brokers to launch at all.

This code has been adopted by the mesos project, but also as far as I can tell the meat of
it relies on functionality from org.apache.mesos by implementing the Scheduler interface.

Let’s say, for instance, I run:

  ./kafka-mesos.sh broker add 0..2 --options log.retention.hours=1,log.retention.bytes.per.topic=1073741824
&& ./kafka-mesos.sh broker start 0..2

The broker start simply times out and status never changes.  I’ve cleared ZK a number of
times, which is the way I’ve been advised to get out of wierd mesos states in the past.
 The mesos UI never shows an job in STARTING or other state, or a failed / ended job.

Any idea what I might be running into? This was working consistently for weeks on end and
recently stopped working altogether about 95% of the time.  When it works, it only sporadically
works.

TIA,

JR
________________________________

The information in this electronic mail message is the sender's confidential business and
may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this internet
electronic mail message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments
were free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message
and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the message and
opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective and
remedial action about viruses and other defects. The sender's employer is not liable for any
loss or damage arising in any way.