mesos-user mailing list archives

From Jan Stabenow <j.stabe...@livespottingmedia.com>
Subject Re: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:45:06 GMT
Hey Sam,

what’s your experience with a slave on Pi? (no master/zookeeper)
This can be a cool enlargement for e.g. small development scenarios, low-power processes and
experiments on arm.

Regards,
Jan

> Am 25.04.2016 um 12:33 schrieb Sam <usultrared@gmail.com>:
>
> Guys,
> I don't understand why deploying Mesos master and slave on Raspberrypi right now. Most
of scenarios is using raspberry pi as edge server of IoT since Raspberrypi low configuration
and performance .
> Regards of the possibility of deployment, we have experimented before , and it works.
You have to install Debian on Raspberry pi first , then deploying Mesos Master and Slave as
docker images. The performance is too low.
> Hope to see what's you guys scenarios .
>

> Regards,
> Sam
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 25, 2016, at 4:10 PM, tommy xiao <xiaods@gmail.com <mailto:xiaods@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> let it go. it give us alternative solution.

>> Out of curiosity... is this for fun or production workloads? I'd be curious to hear
about raspis being used in production!

>>  --
>>
>> Aaron Carey
>> Production Engineer - Cloud Pipeline
>> Industrial Light & Magic
>> London
>> 020 3751 9150 <>

anyone here has done that before. From the Google search results we looked at so far, it seems
like it has been compiled, but we haven't seen an indication that anyone has run it and launched
tasks on them. And does it sound right that it might take 4 hours or so to compile?