mesos-user mailing list archives

From Radoslaw Gruchalski <ra...@gruchalski.com>
Subject Re: Making 'curl' a prerequisite for installing Mesos
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 17:24:45 GMT
Shouldn't be a problem. +1

Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 9:13 AM -0800, "Bernd Mathiske" <bernd@mesosphere.io> wrote:

+1
On Mar 3, 2016, at 6:10 PM, Jie Yu <yujie.jay@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am proposing making 'curl' a prerequisite when installing Mesos. Currently, we require
'libcurl' being present when installing Mesos (http://mesos.apache.org/gettingstarted/). However,
we found that it does not compose well with our asynchronous runtime environment (i.e., it'll
block the current worker thread).
Recent work on URI fetcher uses 'curl' directly, instead of using 'libcurl' to fetch artifacts,
because it composes well with our async runtime env. 'curl' is installed by default in most
systems (e.g., OSX, centos, RHEL).
So I am proposing adding 'curl' to our prerequisite list. Let me know if you have any concern
on this. I'll update the Getting Started doc if you are OK with this change.
Thanks,- Jie