mesos-user mailing list archives

From Shuai Lin <linshuai2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving the Upgrade Documentation
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2016 12:41:11 GMT
One thing I would strongly recommend is to add to the doc is "not to skip
versions when upgrading" as commented by Adam in this thread:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/mesos-user/201512.mbox/%3CCAK8jAgNBPhPh7vSo+p8oVPupMDDd93ZnxyyvHXKqEcaNHQk6WQ@mail.gmail.com%3E
.

With the recently release cycle being 5~6 weeks, I believe it's a common
case to upgrade from version N to version N + 3 or even N + 4. It would
save them lots of time if we make it clear not to skip versions when
upgrading.