mesos-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Fritzler <andreas.fritz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managing Persistency via Frameworks (HDFS, Cassandra)
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 06:50:19 GMT
Hi Klaus,

thanks for your reply. I am aware of the frameworks provided by mesosphere
and I already tried them out in a POC setup. From looking at the HDFS
documentation [1] however, the framework seems to be still in beta.

"HDFS is available at the beta level and not recommended for Mesosphere
DCOS production systems."

I think what my questions are boiling down to is the following: should I
use a Mesos framework to manage persistency within my Mesos cluster or
should I do it outside with other means - e.g. using Ambari to setup a
shared HDFS etc.

If I would use those frameworks, how is your experience regarding the life
cycle management? Scaling out instances, upgrading to newer versions etc.

Regards,
Andreas

[1] https://docs.mesosphere.com/manage-service/hdfs/