mesos-user mailing list archives

From Arkal Arjun Rao <aa...@ucsc.edu>
Subject Updated agent resources with every offer.
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:46:12 GMT
Hi All,

I'm new to Mesos and I'm working on a  framework that strongly considers
the disk value in an offer before making a decision. My jobs don't run in
the agent's sandbox and may use docker to pull images from my dockerhub and
run containers on input data downloaded from S3.

My jobs clean up after themselves but do not delete the cached docker
images after they complete so a later job can use them directly without the
delay of downloading the image again. I cannot predict how much a job will
leave behind.

Leaving behind files after the job means that the disk space available for
the next job is less than the disk value the current job had when it
started. However the offer made to the master does not appear to update the
disk parameter before making the new offer. Is there any way to get the
executor driver to update the value passed in the disk field of resource
offers?

Here's a Stack overflow with more details
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35354841/setup-mesos-to-provide-up-to-date-disk-in-offers

Thanks in advance,
Arjun Arkal Rao

PhD Candidate,