mesos-user mailing list archives

From connor....@gmail.com
Subject Re: Mixed use workloads in Mesos 0.25 agents/slaves
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2016 18:25:46 GMT
The flag name is --containerizers (plural)

HTH,
--
Connor

> On Feb 27, 2016, at 08:54, Krish <krishnan.k.iyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Guangya for your help.
>
> Unfortunately, something seems to be wrong. I get the error that the 'containerizer'
is not supported: "Failed to load unknown flag 'containerizer'"
> I am using mesos-0.24.1.
>
> I am trying to run a hello-docker aurora (v0.11) job using docker containerizer.
>

> --
> κρισhναν
>
>> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Guangya Liu <gyliu513@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think that the following cli is a good start point for you to take a look which
supports all containizers in mesos.

>> https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/src/cli/execute.cpp
>>
>> ./src/mesos-execute --master=192.168.56.12:5050  --command="sleep 1000"  --name=test_mesos
--docker_image=busybox:latest --containerizer=mesos

>> ./src/mesos-execute --master=192.168.56.12:5050  --command="sleep 1000"  --name=test_mesos
--docker_image=busybox:latest —containerizer=docker

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Guangya
>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Krish <krishnan.k.iyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering if we can have both containerized (docker) & non-containerized
workloads running at the same time on Mesos agents/slaves.

>>> I see from the mesos-slave command help that there is a 'containerizers' option
in the CLI & it will enforce the usage of containers to be used. It doesn't seem to support
non-containerized workloads.

>>> Is my analysis correct?
>>>
>>> Also, if the above is correct, how does one tell the frameworks (Aurora/Marathon/Cassandra
frameworks) to use containerized vs non-containerized workload slaves to schedule jobs?