mesos-user mailing list archives

From James Vanns <jvanns....@gmail.com>
Subject statusUpdate() duplicate messages?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:09:49 GMT
Hello list.

We have an experimental framework (C++ API) based on Mesos 0.24 and we're
seeing duplicate task status messages -- eg. 2 'FINISHED' messages for a
single task. This may well be normal behaviour but I wasn't prepared for
it. Could someone point me in the direction of a decent description on
status updates/messages somewhere in the Mesos documentation? Or explain
the following;

a) Is this normal (it's not just the FINISHED state)?
b) What might cause this behaviour (it's intermittent)?
c) I do not explicitly acknowledge receipt of these messages - should I!?
d) Should I treat these status update messages as reliable and robust!?
e) Where can I learn more about this kind of internal detail?

Cheers,

Jim

--
Senior Code Pig