mesos-user mailing list archives

From Paul <arach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fate of slave node after timeout
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 23:00:58 GMT
Ah, now I get it.

And this comports with the behavior I am observing right now.

Thanks again, Jie.

-Paul

> On Nov 13, 2015, at 5:55 PM, Jie Yu <yujie.jay@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Paul, the slave will terminate after receiving a Shutdown message. The slave will be
restarted (e.g., by monit or systemd) and register with the master as a new slave (a different
slaveId).

the cluster, at least not from it's original IP@.

>> What if the master bounces? Will it then tolerate the slave?
>>
>> -Paul

if it comes up 1 second after exceeding the timeout product?

>>> It'll not be added to the cluster. The master will send a Shutdown message to
the slave if it comes up after the timeout.

>>> - Jie

a response from a mesos-slave, the master will remove the slave. In the Mesos UI I can see
slave state transition from 1 deactivated to 0.

if it comes up 1 second after exceeding the timeout product?

I haven't seen in quite some time).