mesos-user mailing list archives

From Donald Laidlaw <donlaid...@me.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper cluster changes
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:18:57 GMT
Yeah, I know about Exhibitor and how it handles zookeeper ensemble changes.

My question was about how to handle the Mesos servers.

What do you have to do with Mesos, when the zookeeper ensemble changes, to keep the mesos
servers happy and healthy?

Don Laidlaw
866 Cobequid Rd.
Lower Sackville, NS
B4C 4E1
Phone: 1-902-576-5185
Cell: 1-902-401-6771

> On Nov 9, 2015, at 12:28 PM, tommy xiao <xiaods@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good News, Netflix release a tools can do it:
> https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor/wiki/Rolling-Ensemble-Change <https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor/wiki/Rolling-Ensemble-Change>
>
>  have a try it.

> How do mesos masters and slaves react to zookeeper cluster changes? When the masters
and slaves start they are given a set of addresses to connect to zookeeper. But over time,
one of those zookeepers fails, and is replaced by a new server at a new address. How should
this be handled in the mesos servers?

> I am guessing that mesos does not automatically detect and react to that change. But
obviously we should do something to keep the mesos servers happy as well. What should be do?

> The obvious thing is to stop the mesos servers, one at a time, and restart them with
the new configuration. But it would be really nice to be able to do this dynamically without
restarting the server. After all, coordinating a rolling restart is a fairly hard job.