mesos-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Chen <...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: spark mesos shuffle service failing under marathon
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2015 16:39:21 GMT
If you want to use Marathon start the mesos shuffle service, don't use the sbin script since
it runs it as a daemon in background.

Instead use spark-class script and run the MesosExternalShuffleService class directly so it
runs in the foreground.

Tim

> On Nov 7, 2015, at 7:02 AM, Klaus Ma <klaus1982.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can you share more logs? I used to start spark shuffle in Mesos + Marathon cluster; logs
will be helpful to identify issues.

> ----
> Da (Klaus), Ma (马达) | PMP® | Advisory Software Engineer
> Platform Symphony/DCOS Development & Support, STG, IBM GCG
> +86-10-8245 4084 | klaus1982.cn@gmail.com | http://k82.me
>
>> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 4:29 AM, Dean Wampler <dean.wampler@typesafe.com> wrote:
>> Can you find anything in the logs that would indicate a failure?
>>
>>> On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 9:23 PM, Rodrick Brown <rodrick@orchard-app.com>
wrote:
>>> Starting the mesos shuffle service seems to background the process so when ever
marathon tries to bring up this process it constantly keeps trying to start and never registers
as started? Is there a fix for this?

>>> --
>>>

>>> Rodrick Brown / DevOPs Engineer
>>> +1 917 445 6839 / rodrick@orchardplatform.com
>>>
>>> Orchard Platform
>>> 101 5th Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10003
>>> http://www.orchardplatform.com
>>>
>>> Orchard Blog | Marketplace Lending Meetup
>>>

>>> NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: This communication is confidential and intended for the
use of the addressee only. If you are not an intended recipient of this communication, please
delete it immediately and notify the sender by return email. Unauthorized reading, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. This communication does not constitute
an offer to sell or a solicitation of an indication of interest to purchase any loan, security
or any other financial product or instrument, nor is it an offer to sell or a solicitation
of an indication of interest to purchase any products or services to any persons who are prohibited
from receiving such information under applicable law. The contents of this communication may
not be accurate or complete and are subject to change without notice. As such, Orchard App,
Inc. (including its subsidiaries and affiliates, "Orchard") makes no representation regarding
the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. The intended recipient is
advised to consult its own professional advisors, including those specializing in legal, tax
and accounting matters. Orchard does not provide legal, tax or accounting advice.