mesos-user mailing list archives

From Tom Arnfeld <...@duedil.com>
Subject Re: statusUpdate() duplicate messages?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:24:47 GMT
When you construct the scheduler, are you disabling implicit acknowledgements?
	https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/include/mesos/scheduler.hpp#L373 <https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/include/mesos/scheduler.hpp#L373>

I’d suggest having a read over this document, it explains some of this -> http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/reconciliation/
<http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/reconciliation/>

a) Mesos may re-send messages if you don’t acknowledge them, and task status messages are
guaranteed at least once
c) If you disable implicit status acknowledgement, yep
d) You should, they are guaranteed to be delivered at some point at least once by the slave
/ master. To keep your framework in sync with the cluster it is recommended to reconcile tasks
often (as explained in the document above)
e) http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/reconciliation/ <http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/reconciliation/>

Hope that helps, and I think that’s all correct! The docs will be able to clarify better
:-)

> On 18 Nov 2015, at 12:09, James Vanns <jvanns.ilm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello list.
>
> We have an experimental framework (C++ API) based on Mesos 0.24 and we're seeing duplicate
task status messages -- eg. 2 'FINISHED' messages for a single task. This may well be normal
behaviour but I wasn't prepared for it. Could someone point me in the direction of a decent
description on status updates/messages somewhere in the Mesos documentation? Or explain the
following;