mesos-user mailing list archives

From Jan Stabenow <j.stabe...@livespottingmedia.com>
Subject Re: Recover docker containers when mesos-slave is contained in docker as well
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:07:12 GMT
Hey Grzegorz,

here is my example:
https://github.com/jstabenow/mesos-on-docker-on-coreos/blob/master/mesos-slave.service <https://github.com/jstabenow/mesos-on-docker-on-coreos/blob/master/mesos-slave.service>

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Jan

> Am 22.10.2015 um 13:26 schrieb Timothy Chen <tim@mesosphere.io>:
>
> Hi Grzegorz,
>
> Yes it's possible, but do require some configuration for the slave recover the running
containers. This is needed to run Mesos on CoreOS as well, so it's made possible I believe
around 0.24.1 or later.

> Basically to have the slave to recover the task containers, the executors that watches
the tasks need to be launched in containers as well. This is made possible with the docker_mesos_image
slave flag, where the docker containerizer will use this image to launch executors. This should
be the same image used to launch the slave itself.

> Also when launching the slave in a docker container it must have the following docker
flags:

> --pid=host (so all processes can be visible to the slave)
> -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock (slave can then launch containers as peers)
> -v /tmp/mesos:/tmp/mesos (we need slave work directory information to persist when slave
recovers. You can also create a separate dir on the host if you want to run multiple slaves)

> Tim
>
> On Oct 22, 2015, at 6:59 PM, Grzegorz Graczyk <gregory90@gmail.com <mailto:gregory90@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Docker is running when slave exits - and so are docker containers started by mesos
slave. The problem starts when slave is online again and cannot see already started containers
and recover them...