mesos-user mailing list archives

From Ian Downes <idow...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: Is there a limit of the number of tasks that can be launched by Mesos on a slave?
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 00:14:54 GMT
`man pthread_create` indicates either insufficient resources (memory) or a
kernel imposed limit from either RLIMIT_NPROC
or /proc/sys/kernel/threads-max.

On my system:
$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/threads-max
191114

which is a lot less than your `ulimit -u`.

How many tasks are you able to launch on a slave? How much memory is
available?