mesos-user mailing list archives

From "DiGiorgio, Mr. Rinaldo S." <rdigior...@pace.edu>
Subject Re: Reservations for multiple different agents
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:59:38 GMT

On Sep 21, 2015, at 7:33 PM, Guangya Liu <gyliu513@gmail.com<mailto:gyliu513@gmail.com>>
wrote:

HI Rinaldo,

I think that you can use dynamic reservation feature to achieve this: You can launch your
tasks after reservation succeeds.  Actually, all of the dynamic reservation feature with endpoint
has been finished except ACL part, so you can use this feature now if you do not care ACL
part.

Thanks,

Hi Guangya,

I have bene trying to get dynamic reservations to work. I downloaded the latest from git and
created a small environment on OS X 10.10. I am trying to use reservations and I am not making
much progress.  I tried to get it to work without authentication and was unable to. I used
the ANY option and it still required a principal.  I am unable to configure the master to
work without authentication.  Do you have some simple configs for starting a master with no
authentication required so that it can be used to set dynamic reservations.

The output below is for authentication. I tried to authenticate from a slave and it failed
with a coredump.

I start mesos like this:

mesos-master.sh —ip=nnn,nnn,nnn,nnn --work_dir=/var/lib/mesos --acls=$BASE/acls --credentials=$BASE/credentials

bash-3.2# cat attributes/acls
{
  "register_frameworks": [
    {
      "principals": { "type": "mesos-mach5-beta" },
      "roles": { "values": "ANY" }
    }
  ],
  "run_tasks": [
    {
      "principals": { "values": "ANY" },
      "users": { "values": "ANY" }
    }
  ],
  "shutdown_frameworks": [
    {
      "principals": { "values": "mesos-mach5-beta" },
      "framework_principals": { "values": "ANY" }
    }
  ]
}

bash-3.2# cat attributes/credentials
{
  "credentials": [
    {
      "principal": "mesos-mach5-beta",
      "secret": "password"
    }
  ]
}

When I try the following I am told I am not authorized.

Guangya

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 6:32 AM, DiGiorgio, Mr. Rinaldo S. <rdigiorgio@pace.edu<mailto:rdigiorgio@pace.edu>>