mesos-user mailing list archives

From "DiGiorgio, Mr. Rinaldo S." <rdigior...@pace.edu>
Subject Re: Reservations for multiple different agents
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 21:33:00 GMT

On Sep 28, 2015, at 5:27 PM, Marco Massenzio <marco@mesosphere.io<mailto:marco@mesosphere.io>>
wrote:

Hi Rinaldo,

sorry about the trouble you're having in getting this to work!
If I got this one right, the original requirement was...

I have some tasks that need to run on different types of agents.

for that, I think you can use either (or both) of `roles` and `attributes` (see the Configuration
doc [0] for more info).

If you would like to run a 0.24 Mesos on your Mac for testing, you could use the Mesosphere
published packages[1] or, if Vagrant is more your thing, feel free to "take inspiration" form
[2].

Finally, to build on OSX, you'll need to install libsvn-1 as described in [3].

I'm afraid I don't know enough about Dynamic Reservation to really be able to help here; but
I suspect that, if you run without authentication enabled, it will accept any principal (did
you try that already? what error did you get?)

Feel free to drop me a line if you're still having trouble.

[0] http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/configuration/
[1] http://mesosphere.com/downloads
[2] https://github.com/massenz/zk-mesos/tree/develop/vagrant
[3] http://mesos.apache.org/gettingstarted/ (see the OSX section; in particular:
`$ brew install autoconf automake libtool subversion maven`)

Marco Massenzio
Distributed Systems Engineer
http://codetrips.com<http://codetrips.com/>

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:59 PM, DiGiorgio, Mr. Rinaldo S. <rdigiorgio@pace.edu<mailto:rdigiorgio@pace.edu>>