mesos-user mailing list archives

From Rad Gruchalski <ra...@gruchalski.com>
Subject Re: mesos-tail in 0.24.1
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 08:42:05 GMT
Haosdent,

This only happens with the zookeeper resolver.

Kind regards,

Radek Gruchalski

radek@gruchalski.com (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)
 (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)
de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/ (http://de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/)

Confidentiality:
This communication is intended for the above-named person and may be confidential and/or legally
privileged.
If it has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show
it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.

On Wednesday, 30 September 2015 at 10:13, haosdent wrote:

> For mesos-tail, I build from mesos-0.24.1, seems work for me.
>
> ```
> $ mesos tail --master=127.0.0.1:5050 (http://127.0.0.1:5050) --framework=721b7682-afa1-49a7-8d3a-20292ba666a4-0000
--task=test --file=stdout
> Registered executor on 127.0.0.1
> Starting task test
> sh -c 'ls /'
> Forked command at 18827
> afs
> bin
> boot
> dev
> etc
> home
> initrd.img
> lib
> lib64
> lost+found
> media
> ```
>
> mesos-resolve also works for me.
>

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 12:26 AM, Marco Massenzio <marco@mesosphere.io (mailto:marco@mesosphere.io)>
wrote:
> > Provided that I'm not familiar at all with mesos-tail and/or mesos-resolve, you
are correct in that this is due to the recent changes (in 0.24) to the way we write MasterInfo
data to ZooKeeper.

> > This is a genuine bug, thanks for reporting: would you mind terribly to file a Jira
and assign to me, please?
> > (marco-mesos)
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Marco Massenzio
> > Distributed Systems Engineer
> > http://codetrips.com
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 6:28 AM, Rad Gruchalski <radek@gruchalski.com (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)>
wrote:
> > > Thank you, that’s some progress:
> > >
> > > I changed the code at this line:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/mesosphere/mesos-cli/blob/master/mesos/cli/master.py#L107
> > >
> > > to:
> > >
> > >             try:
> > >                 parsed =  json.loads(val)
> > >                 return parsed["address"]["ip"] + ":" + str(parsed["address"]["port"])
> > >             except Exception:
> > >                 return val.split("@")[-1]
> > >

> > > And now it gives me the correct master. However, executing mesos-tail or mesos-ps
does not do anything, just hangs there without any output. Something obviously does not work
as advertised.
> > > Or I should possibly switch to https://github.com/mesosphere/dcos-cli (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/dcoscli),
but will this work with just a regular mesos 0.24.1 installation?

> > > Kind regards,

> > > Radek Gruchalski

radek@gruchalski.com (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)
 (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)
> > > de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/ (http://de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/)
> > >
> > > Confidentiality:
> > > This communication is intended for the above-named person and may be confidential
and/or legally privileged.
> > > If it has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must
you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.

or MESOS_CLI_CONFIG (https://github.com/mesosphere/mesos-cli/blob/master/mesos/cli/cfg.py#L42
and https://github.com/mesosphere/mesos-cli/blob/master/mesos/cli/master.py#L119). Not because
0.24.1, you use 0.24.0 should have same issue.

master.py. I verified that in my case the zookeeper_resolver is used.

(http://master@10.100.1.100:5050)","port":5050,"version":"0.24.1”}

trying to find the code for master.py but it does not exist in https://github.com/apache/mesos/tree/master/src/python/interface/src/mesos/interface.

radek@gruchalski.com (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)
 (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)

may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender
immediately.

this morning. It’s a clean installation with new zookeeper and everything.

(http://10.100.1.100:5050)","port":5050,"version":"0.24.1"}

exactly the same way as 0.24.0, which works without the problem. Is this a known issue?