mesos-user mailing list archives

From Dharmit Shah <shahdhar...@gmail.com>
Subject SSL in Mesos 0.23
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 13:46:20 GMT
Hello,

I followed Mesos cluster setup guide on the Mesosphere website [1]. I
set it up on a CentOS 7 system. For installation of packages, I went
with Mesosphere provided repositories.

Now that Mesos 0.23 has been released with SSL capabilities, I believe
it is possible to have communication between the master, slaves and
frameworks be secured by SSL. Am I right?

I would like to set it up in my environment. I am using
`mesos-0.23.0-1.0.centos701406.x86_64`.

The official Mesos documentation on the topic [2] illustrates how
things can be setup when building Mesos from source.

I would like to know if Mesos package shipped by Mesosphere repo has
this feature or not yet? I tried setting
`/etc/mesos-master/ssl_enabled` on one of the master nodes. But
restarting `mesos-master` service failed stating that option
`ssl_enabled` is unknown.

Thanks for your help!

[1] http://open.mesosphere.com/getting-started/datacenter/install/
[2] http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/mesos-ssl/