mesos-user mailing list archives

From Jay Taylor <...@jaytaylor.com>
Subject Re: How does Mesos Debian packaging work?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 00:11:33 GMT
I see, thank you Tomas for that updated mesos-deb-packaging link.  Helpful
information to be sure.

I'm am still curious about why mesosphere-hosted deb's end up with less
dependencies than the builds done by the mesos-deb-packaging scripts.  Is
there really no way to generate a roughly equivalent build?

The hopeful dream I have is to be able to build (then distribute and
install across my cluster) a `.deb` containing my own modifications.  Then
if/when it explodes to be able to just revert back to the official
releases; __ideally not having to install extra libraries along the way,
change configurations, or inflict other [unnecessary] system mutations__.

Is this asking too much of mesos/mesosphere in their present forms?