mesos-user mailing list archives

From Paul Bell <arach...@gmail.com>
Subject Use "docker start" rather than "docker run"?
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:26:39 GMT
Hi All,

I first posted this to the Marathon list, but someone suggested I try it
here.

I'm still not sure what component (mesos-master, mesos-slave, marathon)
generates the "docker run" command that launches containers on a slave
node. I suppose that it's the framework executor (Marathon) on the slave
that actually executes the "docker run", but I'm not sure.

What I'm really after is whether or not we can cause the use of "docker
start" rather than "docker run".

At issue here is some persistent data inside
/var/lib/docker/aufs/mnt/<CTR_ID>. "docker run" will by design (re)launch
my application with a different CTR_ID effectively rendering that data
inaccessible. But "docker start" will restart the container and its "old"
data will still be there.

Thanks.

-Paul