mesos-user mailing list archives

From Hans van den Bogert <hansbog...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting statistics from Mesos to plot usage and allocation per Framework.
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 10:32:12 GMT
Hi,

I’m trying to plot resource usage and allocation. Basically what I want can already be seen
in the web UI (though not plotted).
1) amount of allocated resources
2) actual usage of allocated resources
3) Max share of a framework / per framework

Now the allocated resources can be gotten through the metrics page, although using the metrics/snapshot
does give me the problems associated with polling. When polling the metrics/snapshot, in my
case when running short  sub-second tasks, I have to poll even faster than the churn time
of tasks to get an accurate picture of resource allocation.

If I use the (event) log files of master and slaves,  I can’t see usage, and retrieving/calculating
max share per framework is going to be tough, I guess.

Does someone have a solution or idea to plotting the above three listed metrics accurately.

Regards,

Hans van den Bogert