mesos-user mailing list archives

From F21 <f21.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject No CRAM-MD5 support for libsasl2 when compiling
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 04:30:42 GMT
I am trying to build mesos 0.23.

In my case, I am trying to build mesos and all of its dependencies
manually, so I can build a package that contains everything.

I am building cyrus sasl 2.1.26 like so:

./configure CC=gcc-4.8 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/openssl
--prefix=/home/user/Desktop/libsasl2 --enable-cram
make
make install

Mesos is being build like so (modified from the instructions in the docs):
../configure CC=gcc-4.8 CXX=g++-4.8
LD_FLAGS=-L/home/user/Desktop/libsasl2/lib
SASL_PATH=/home/user/Desktop/libsasl2/lib/sasl2
--prefix=/home/user/Desktop/mesos-install
--with-svn=/home/user/Desktop/svn --with-apr=/home/user/Desktop/apr
--with-sasl=/home/user/Desktop/libsasl2

For some reason, mesos will error because CRAM-MD5 is not found during
./configure:

checking for sasl_done in -lsasl2... yes
checking SASL CRAM-MD5 support... configure: error: no
We need CRAM-MD5 support for SASL authentication.

However, I do have CRAM-MD5 support for my compiled libsasl2. In
/home/user/Desktop/libsasl2/lib/sasl2, I see libcrammd5.so,
libcrammd5.so.3, libcrammd5.so.3.0.0, libcrammd5.a and libcrammd5.la

If I run the pluginviewer executable that is created when building
libsasl2, it shows that the CRAM-MD5 plugin is loaded.

Any ideas what might be happening here?