mesos-user mailing list archives

From Dick Davies <d...@hellooperator.net>
Subject Re: Java detector for mess masters and leader
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 14:04:21 GMT
The active master has a flag set in  /metrics/snapshot  :
"master/elected" which is 1 for the active
master and 0 otherwise, so it's easy enough to only load the metrics
from the active master.

(I use the collectd plugin and push data rather than poll, but the
same principle should apply).

On 7 July 2015 at 14:02, Donald Laidlaw <donlaidlaw@me.com> wrote:
> Has anyone ever developed Java code to detect the mesos masters and leader, given a zookeeper
connection?

> The reason I ask is because I would like to monitor mesos to report various metrics reported
by the master. This requires detecting and tracking the leading master to query its /metrics/snapshot
REST endpoint.